Description Assist in managing TriMet's initial and recurrent training programs for Rail Operations personnel including Rail Operators as assigned by the Director, Transportation Operations Training. Supervise Rail Training Supervisors and Training Assistants. Assist in managing planning, development, scheduling, delivery, recordkeeping, and continuous improvement of Rail Transportation training programs. Schedule initial and recurrent training programs for Rail Operations personnel to sustain service delivery, and to fulfill new service start-up requirements.
Essential Functions 1. Design, development and implementation of initial and recurrent training programs for Transportation personnel including Rail Operators.
2. Perform training needs assessments, in consultation with Rail Operations Managers.
3. Work closely with Rail Operations Managers to ensure that safety interventions and re-instruction training occurs in a timely manner.
4. Schedule development and delivery of annual and multi-year training plans, designed to fulfill training objectives, and assure successful start-up of new service programs.
5. Supervise Rail Training Supervisors and Training Assistants. Establish objectives, standards, work schedules, and accountability for job performance.
6. Assist in managing continuous update and improvement of Rail Operations training curricula, associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and rule books.
7. Ensure accurate and complete recordkeeping of training delivery, and document control for training curricula.
8. Develop integrated training plans, objectives, and schedules for Rail Operations personnel to fulfill all needs for new-hire initial training, recurrent training for existing employees, and new service start-up training requirements for both new-hire and existing employees.
9. Assist in development of improved training delivery methods, including e-learning and video-learning systems.
10. Assist in managing agency-wide CDL license qualification, continuing driver education, and training.
11. Represent Training in TriMet processes for accident review, bus and rail system change, security review, safety review, and new-hire screening and selection. Represents Training on the Rail Operator Safety Committee.
Position Requirements Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business or Public Administration, Transportation Management, Communications, or a related discipline.
Training experience is preferred.
A minimum of 10 years total credited experience. Rail supervisory experience in transportation, transit or comparable service related industry.
Experience in combined union and non-union organization desired.
TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail service in the Portland, Oregon, region. Our transportation options connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution — making our region a better place to live.