Government, Regulatory and Code, Healthcare, Quality, Quality Engineering
Department: Risk Mgmt
Location: 1035 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: M-F
Date Posted: Feb-7-19
Requisition Number: hrq-88289
CHA seeks a Senior Director of Organization Quality and Safety, a key leadership role in improving patient care. The Senior Director is responsible for promoting a culture of safety, high-reliability, patient and staff engagement, and performance excellence aligned with national patient safety goals. S/He will work collaboratively with the Chief Quality Officer and senior leadership, service line chairs, nursing, pharmacy and administrative/operational leadership to develop and implement a best-in-class quality and safety program and to ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate organizational risk.
This position reports to the Chief Quality Officer and supervises the Director of Quality, Director of Contract Quality, and Director of Accreditation among others. S/He oversees patient care improvement, quality management, accreditation, and coordinates the efforts of the quality division to establish safe environments for clinical care.
• Advanced degree (Master's degree in Nursing or related field, or JD) required. Certification with CPHQ, and/or CPPS preferred.
• 5-10 years quality, accreditation and improvement experience including a thorough understanding of QI processes, tools and techniques, quality measurement and reporting, JC standards, Board of Registration in Medicine and Department of Public Health regulations, root cause analysis and preventive risk management strategies.
• Progressively responsible relevant experience in quality, patient safety, regulatory and accreditation, or performance improvement. Management / leadership experience in healthcare and clinical experience preferred.
• High energy, organized, persistent and creative individual with strong communication, interpersonal and systems thinking skills.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in Lean, PDSA or other performance improvement methods, with record of successful improvement projects.
• Solid understanding of integrated health systems and population health as well as accountable care organizations.