Senior Vice President of Power Supply Operations & Energy Marketing
American Municipal Power, Inc.
May 21, 2019
Full Time - Experienced
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree
Reports To: Executive Vice President of Power Supply & Generation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the planning, strategy development, negotiation and implementation of power supply, energy and fuel matters including, short and long-term capacity and energy demand forecasting, capacity and energy marketing and power supply contract negotiations, commodity purchases. In addition, responsible for over-all marketing strategies related to power supply projects and AMP/MESA services and programs to Members.
This position provides the following essential functions, both internally and externally for AMP, MESA and the Members of these entities:
1. Ensures the interests of AMP members are represented and protected in all matters affecting the long and short-term contractual arrangements for the purchase, sale and transmission of bulk power.
2. Works to ensure that future power supply needs are realistically modeled in a matter consistent with the organization’s strategic directives and member power supply planning and acquisition protocol.
3. Oversees long-term portfolio resource strategies and manages the economic and technical evaluation of proposals.
4. Oversees the operations of the Energy Control Center (ECC), energy transactions and coordination with The Energy Authority (TEA).
5. Oversees the Power Supply Planning function, including the development of power supply hedging strategies.
6. Oversees the development and recommendations for long-term fuel strategies to AMP EMT, AMP RMC, AMP Board of Trustees, AFEC Fuel Subcommittee, Joint Venture Participants, as needed, and oversees implementation of same.
7. Oversees the development and analysis of fuel purchasing, inventory and risk management policies and procedures.
8. Oversees the marketing of AMP and MESA services and programs to Member management and elected officials.
9. Oversees the sale/purchase of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) and emission allowances.
10. May represent AMP in industry-related forums and on industry panels.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
1. A minimum of a four-year engineering or business-related degree is required.
2. Must have fifteen (15) or more years of experience in the electric utility industry, including five (5) years of supervisory responsibilities.
3. A comprehensive updated knowledge of electric utility standards, procedures, operations, commodities, transmission, and power supply.
4. Knowledge of the PJM and MISO market rules is a plus.
5. The ability to direct and manage various projects, administer policies and procedures and adhere to comprehensive strategic plans.
6. Knowledge of contracts as related to power supply and the ability to write and negotiate contracts.
7. Ability to capitalize on industry changes driven by regulation and changes in market structures.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills.
9. Establish and maintain good working relationships with all levels of internal staff, AMP Members, representatives of regulatory agencies, outside consultants and the public.
10. Ensure the confidentiality of proprietary information.
11. Foster unity of purpose and joint action activity between the Members.
12. Expertise in power supply issues related to municipal electric systems is a plus.
13. Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of electric utility standards, procedures, operations, load management and generation.
14. Must possess proven management skills and technical expertise in the day-to-day activities of member electric systems.
15. Must demonstrate knowledge of contracts as related to engineering and special Member projects.
16. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have experience in public speaking.
17. Must be a self-starter and a team player.
18. Experience in a municipal environment is strongly preferred.
19. Requires travel throughout the AMP membership footprint.
Internal Number: 052119
About American Municipal Power, Inc.
American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) was founded in 1971 when a group of municipally owned electric systems joined forces to lower costs and increase the reliability of their power supply to benefit their consumer-owners. Today, AMP has grown to serve 135 members across nine states.
BACK TO TOP
Copyright ï¿½ 2009 The Engineering & Science Career Network. All Rights Reserved. Privacy | Contact Us | 888-491-8833 EXT 9402