Aurora Jobs: https://jobs.auroragov.org/jobs
- ENGINEER - TRANSPORTATION PROJECT DELIVERY
- Performs design engineering work as part of the Transportation Project Delivery Division of the Engineering Services Division of the Public Works Department.
Engineers' primary responsibilities are the development of transportation improvement project design. This work is performed at the direction of professional engineers.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-served basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs systems and prepares project plans and specifications related to the assigned function
- Reviews, evaluates, and revises engineering plans and specifications
- Participates in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications and bid evaluations
- Monitors and controls construction progress and expenditures
- Meets and coordinates with other departments, consultants, government agencies and utility companies
- Investigates complaints and recommends corrective action
- Collects and analyzes data
- Prepares and presents a variety of reports
- May serve as project engineer on the construction phase of City projects
- Performs additional duties as assigned