Civil - Building Code, Civil - Codes and Standards, Civil - Inspection, Civil Engineering
PSI, an Intertek Company has a immediate need Professional Engineers (P.E.) for their Long Island, NY location.
The Professional Engineer will provide Professional Engineering inspection for code compliance at various job sites and ensure that Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA) is followed at all sites as required and in conformance with the job specifications. This includes inspections of all items under the New York City building code.
• Review, inspection to verify preparation and procedures as per contract documents
• Inspection of construction, for structural stability, building envelope, etc
• Perform inspections for mechanical systems, sprinklers, etc
• Sign off on applicable Technical Report forms
• Ensure that quality requirements are met on work sites as required and in conformance with the job specifications including, but not limited to Foundations, Structural components, Mechanical and energy code
• Bachelors’ degree in engineering (Civil or Structural)
• Professional Engineering License in New York State
• Structural Welding Special Inspector (ICC or AWS) a plus
• 5+ years directly related experience in the building inspection field
• Experience in structural stability and geotechnical is desired
PSI is a Drug-Free Workplace. As a condition of employment, new hires and rehires are required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and driver’s license evaluation. Following proper safety guidelines is part of what makes PSI’s operation successful and part of your responsibility is to ensure that all employees are following PSI’s established safety policies and procedures.
Position is bonus eligible. PSI offers a competitive wage, TEN paid holidays, matching 401k (6%), tuition reimbursement, etc. Salary commensurate with experience. Eligible for Annual bonus.
CareerBuilder is a global, end-to-end human capital solutions company focused on helping employers find, hire and manage great talent. Combining advertising, software and services, CareerBuilder leads the industry in recruiting solutions, employment screening and human capital management. It also operates top job sites around the world.