Participates as a member of an integrated design team in model generation and in preparing detailed architectural and structural drawings for commercial and industrial construction projects.
The design drafter works as an integral part of the design/build team, which is led by the architect managing the project and includes the following:
· Work in 3D modeling environments, primarily in REVIT, in generating models and detailing buildings and associated components.
· Prepare construction drawings, permit applications, easements drawings and construction plans using customer requirements and guidelines to facilitate construction.
· Interpret various documents including record and as-built drawings of other design firms to determine existing conditions and utilities.
· Assist project architects/engineers in completing their projects by producing construction documents.
· Other duties as assigned.
· May deliver design documents to clients, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
· May participate in field measurements and document existing conditions.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must be detail oriented and be able to conduct research in an analytical manner.
· Knowledge of drafting and modeling principles, techniques, and procedures.
· Drawing ability and clean handwriting required.
· Must have the ability to adapt to a changing environment in the construction industry.
· Personal computer skills are a must with experience in Windows 2000 using the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Must possess skill and experience with Revit.
· Must be a team player and be comfortable interacting with clients and the general public i.e. utilities, engineering firms, local governments, builders, and developers.
· Skill in the preparation of technical plans, drawings and construction documents.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on customer service and marketing of the Company.
· Ability to maintain a good attendance record. Ability to work long hours during some phases of projects.
· Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Education and Experience:
An Associate’s degree or Certificate in BIM Modeling from an accredited school is preferred; however, a technical degree and two years of modeling experience in the design of mechanical systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Sitting is required for the majority of the day, although sitting and standing may be varied as necessary for comfort. Fine finger dexterity is required for use of a keyboard and other office machines.
Minimal lifting requirement of 20 pounds or less on an infrequent basis.
· Sitting is required for the majority of the day, although sitting and standing may be varied as necessary for comfort. Fine finger dexterity is required for use of a keyboard and other office machines.
· Visiting construction sites occurs occasionally and requires exposure to inclement weather and walking on uneven, rough terrain. May require climbing stairs, planks or ladders to access parts of job site.
The successful candidate will have an Associate's degree, Certificate or Technical degree in BIM Modeling from an accredited school and at least 2 years of experience.
Experience in BIM Modeling for mechanical equipment installation is desired.
Additional Salary Information: Full benefits, profit sharing, 401K match and annual bonus.
About Fisher Construction Group
Fisher Construction Group, Inc. is a closely held business with its main office located in Burlington, Washington. Established in 1954, Fisher Construction Group constructs commercial and industrial buildings throughout the State of Washington, as well as in California, Idaho, Oregon and Alaska. It is among the larger of general contractors based in the State of Washington, with annual revenues of approximately $350 million. Among Fisher Construction Group's specialties is the design and construction of new food processing and cold storage facilities. Fisher is also fluent in many commercial and industrial construction types. The majority of Fisher Construction Group's business is based on the Design/Build concept, in which the client is provided with complete architectural, engineering and construction services. The client works with one consolidated team employed by Fisher Construction Group, which provides for maximum design innovation and construction efficiency. Fisher employs a staff of architects and structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, in addition to construction professionals. Ranking within the top 10 contractors by volume in Washington State, Fisher Companies employs about 250 people.