- A master’s degree in Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related field is required.
- Five years of professional experience in Computer Science, Analytics, or Data Science is required.
- A PhD in Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related field.
- One to three years of teaching experience either within a university (such as Adjunct, Lecturer or Instructional Professor) or corporate training environment for professional education.
- 6+ years of professional experience.
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter that lists the courses you are most qualified to teach;
- A list of contact information for two references;
- Sample course syllabus;
- Teaching statement;
- Optional materials: teaching evaluations from past teaching at the university level.
Applications must be submitted online through the University of Chicago’s Academic Jobs website: apply.interfolio.com/107427
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University’s Statements on Diversity are at https://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-3988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.